News                
SKJOLDENÆSHOLMTRAM MUSEUM
24. April 2005

The renovation of bus no. OO15

In 1970, the Danish Tramway Historical Society (SHS) took over Odense Omnibus bus no.15.

The vehicle was a Volvo bus, designed by the architect and graphic artist Gunnar Biilmann Petersen.

The bus ran for Odense Omnibus - which served those parts of Odense not served by trams or trolley buses - until 1 July 1952, when Odense Omnibus ceased operations.

The bus was then sold to Odense Bytrafik together with five of its 'sisters', and served as no.7 until 1964. From 1964 to 1967, it ran for Nyborg Bytrafik.

 

The Odense department of SHS is currently renovating the bus and returning it to its former splendour.