Odense - The mail line

 

 

               

The main line was built by a Swedish company - Allmänna Svenska Elektriska Aktiebolaget, ASEA - which had successfully built several electric streetcar lines in Sweden and now wanted to enter the Danish market.

The line was going from Hunderup Skov over Odense Central Station to Fruens Bøge. During the years the streetcar company only bought a very few new trams and after the occupation of Denmark (1940-45) the trams were rather run-down and it was decided to close the line.

The last day the line was running as a tram was June 30. 1952.

Read more about Odense Sporveje
in the book: "Farvel Sporvogn"
The book is in the Tramway Museum
available
.
Publisher: Sporvejshistorisk Selskab