Aarhus - Line no. 2

 

 

 

               

Line no. 2 was opened in 1930. The purpose of the line was to service the new district of Århus, which had been built in the 1920s.

The line was going from the south-west part of the city to the Central Station, where line no. 1 was waiting for passengers going north. Later the line was going to the same place in the north as line no. 1. It was a good way to get more trams at the mainpart of the system.

The last day the line was running as a tram was November 6. 1971.

Sporvejshistorisk Selskab has published a book and a picture book of Århus Sporveje