Aarhus - Line no. 1


 

 

 

               

The beginning of line no.1 was back in 1904, where a private company built the first tram line in Århus. The line was going from the Central Station to the East Railway Station.

It was single-tracked line with a few side-tracks. During the years the side-tracks were enlarged so most of the line became double-tracked.

In 1928 the city took over the company and the line was enlarged in both ends and the line got the line number 1.

The last day the line was running as a tram was November 6. 1971.

Sporvejshistorisk Selskab has published a book and a picture book of Århus Sporveje